The Eat Smart Idaho Program in Valley County is committed to helping families and individuals with low incomes improve their quality of life through nutrition.
To support this goal, Nutrition Advisor Dixie Hitt teaches local workshops on nutrition, food safety and food resource management. Classes are held at the Extension Office and at other agency sites in the region. Please contact Dixie Hitt at email@example.com for more information and planned workshops.
Attend workshops (free of charge) and learn about topics including:
- MyPlate – Learn the nutrients for the five food groups
- Food Safety – Learn the latest food safety issues
- Cooking – Learn how to make quick, low-cost, and nutritious meals
- Saving Money Shopping – Learn to read food labels, make shopping lists, and to plan ahead
- Feeding Your Children – Learn how to fix nutritious meals your kids will like
- Money Management – Learn to manage your money and make it last throughout the month
*Graduates of the program receive a certificate of completion from the University of Idaho Extension.